Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Blood Elf Cosplay - Concept Art
I know I can't finish the Varian Wrynn costume in time for Halloween, or build out a completly new costume for that matter. So I want to add something new to the Blood Elf costume I wore at Blizzcon and use that.
I never got around to creating the bracers shown in the concept art. I'm going to try and build the bracers from EVA foam.
Posted by Nic at 3:30 PM No comments:
Monday, September 17, 2012
Blood Elf Cosplay - Bracer Update 1
Here I've glued the foam detail piece to the larger foam bracer I made Friday. While this looks okay at a distance, up close it looks to much like foam. Next step is to prepare the surface so it can be painted.
Posted by Nic at 3:00 PM No comments:
Blood Elf Cosplay - Bracers!
More on the foam armor bracer I talked about Friday. Over the weekend I cut the bracer details from some yellow foam.
(Pictured here with some red foam to show the eventual color scheme.)
Posted by Nic at 7:31 AM No comments:
Friday, September 14, 2012
Armor/Props from EVA Foam
First experiment with EVA foam to make costume armor. Doesn't look like much now, should have more to show off after the weekend.
Posted by Nic at 5:30 PM No comments:
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Shalamayne Update 9 - Main Blade Resin
My test of applying resin to the foam blade on Shalamayne was successful, so over the weekend I applied it to the main blade and hilt details. As plastic casting resin doesn't flow like paint, the coat is uneven, so it will require quite a bit of sanding to prep the surface.
The paint stand I made for the smaller blade piece worked well for the main blade as well. You can see the primed smaller blade on the bench behind the main sword. (As well as some other pieces)
Posted by Nic at 3:15 PM No comments:
Labels: Blizzcon, Prop, Shalamayne
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)