Thursday, July 22, 2010

Control Panel Progress

I attached the sides of the control panel to the lower shelf. I wanted to make sure that it would fit into the cabinet once it was fixed in place

At first I thought I'd fix the shelf and control panel to the cabinet permanently, now I'm leaning toward making it removable for easier troubleshooting and transport. Now I can finish the CP, figure out how to do the hinges for the top.

This last picture shows where the top of the control panel top won't close because of the existing cabinet. I'm thinking of removing a small bit so it will close cleanly.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Speakers for Mame Cabinet

I cut two holes to mount the new speakers through. Once in place, I'll cover the holes with sort of speaker grill.

I had patched the small holes that originally severed to let sound through, although oddly the old wiring had a single speaker attached to the back of this mdf panel between the two sets of speaker "grills", I can't imagine that worked very well.