Friday, May 15, 2009

Hyperion Gunblade Assembly Continues


I finished assembling the Gunblade, applying wood putty and sanding it. I'll be wrapping up episode 5 of the video series soon.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hyperion Gunblade in Progress


A closeup of the trigger glued into position. Once dry, the next step will be the trigger guard.


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hyperion Gunblade in Progress


I've started shooting the fifth video on constructing the Hyperion Gunblade prop. I took this close up picture of the assembly process, where I'm gluing the first pieces of the handle to the blade itself.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Prop Sword Progress - Repaired



I've finished sanding the wood putty down, now I just need to repaint the blade and the sword prop should be back on track.


I'm curious how well the sword will hold up over time.


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Closer Look - Hyperion Gunblade Parts







One of the watchers of my Hyperion Gunblade tutorial videos (and I'm sorry I didn't get your name) requested some close up pictures of the parts that make up the Gunblade handle.

I thought that was a good idea as I realized that the video quality didn't allow me to show the small pieces in much detail.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sword Prop Progress


The Sword Reforged!

After cleaning up the edges, I've glued the sword back together. I don't know if there is anything I can do in order to strengthen the bond. It is simply not a very good joint.

Once this dries, I'll use wood putty to cover up any imperfections.


Saturday, May 2, 2009

Give Me Steam


Here is a sneak peak at the coat I'm working on for my Steampunk cosplay. I'm getting a lot of assistance from my Mother on this one.

I'm not sure how technically steampunk the coat itself is, hopefully it'll all come together once the entire costume is complete. At worse, I'll hopefully get some feedback from other SP costumers on how to improve.


Friday, May 1, 2009

To Much Stress


A minor disaster strikes while I'm working on the prop swords. After letting the first coat of gesso primer dry, I start to sand the two swords. The idea is to sand as smooth as possible, paint and then sand again, eventually the sword should be covred in primer, that hides all signs of the woodgrain.

I was sanding the side of one of the blades with to much force and the blade snapped loose along the glue line. The picture was taken shortly after I removed the dried glue.

I'll have to make repairs. Now I know I need to put support under the blade before I do anything.